The Lookout Discovery Centre in Bracknell is the perfect day out to inspire little minds and get their scientific juices flowing. It’s a hands-on science centre, letting children learn through touch, play, sight and sounds. There are over 90 activities split over different zones suitable for children of all ages, and most adults too. Here’s a snippet of what you can get up to:
- Forces & Movement Zone – It’s time to lift off! Launch a hydrogen rocket or send a huge hot air balloon skyward. See the world suspended mid-air by our Bernoulli blower.
- Body & Perception Zone – Challenge your body and brain. Test your reaction speed on Batak, or create an amazing design with our art machine. Can you solve the jigsaw of the human body?
- Light & Colour Zone – Have some colourful fun with Optimusic – step on the colour beams as fast as you can. Capture your silhouette in the shadow box or play a tune with laser beams.
- Woodland & Water Zone – Play with boats in our indoor stream. Learn some incredible facts about our local wildlife. Become fascinated by the colony of busy leaf-cutter ants. Please note that the Woodland and Water Zone is outside but under cover.
- Build It Zone – Become a member of The Look Out construction crew by helping to build the new house at The Look Out. Great teamwork is required. Use the rubble chute, wheelbarrows, design a house or drive the dumper trucks. Lots of fun. Please note that the Build It! Zone is outside but under cover.
And the fun doesn’t stop when you leave the Lookout Centre. With an enviable location within Bracknell Forest you’ll find plenty of woodland walks and a large children’s adventure play area to tire little legs. All walks are well signposted with distances marked so you can pick the right route for your family.
Address: The Lookout Activity Centre, Nine Mile Ride, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 7QW
For more information click here.
For more ideas on days out in Berkshire with the kiddies, click here.